When it comes to happiness and success in life, emotional intelligence matters just as much as intellectual ability. Emotional Intelligence or Emotional Quotient (EQ) is the ability to understand, use, and manage our emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict.
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned lives upside down, making EQ more important. While the pandemic may have brought us closer to our partners and families, the necessary social distancing measures has isolated us from our friends and colleagues. As the virtual home office has become the new ‘normal’, how can EQ help us adapt to these changes and foster teamwork? Is there a new balance between professional and personal responsibilities.
During this event, we will reflect on how COVID-19 has changed our management of relationships and will learn how to:
– create an impact in our interactions with others
– leverage our ability to be aware of the emotions of those with whom we interact
– build stronger working relationships and make a valued contribution to team work
– realise that a situation is heading towards conflict and defuse it
– inspire and influence others